Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kitty Catty's Birthday

I've had the urge to make peanut butter frosting for about a month now. I think it's because one of JoAnna's cakes for her upcoming wedding, either the rehearsal dinner cake or the groom's cake, is peanut butter fudge. I'm not a huge huge peanut butter fan, but when somebody says peanut butter fudge I can't help but drool and mentally take a tums.

Cat's birthday snuck up on us year, and with peanut butter on the brain, I decided chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting would be divine. Brad and a coworker reminded me that not everybody immediately thinks of peanut butter when they think of cupcakes.. so I also made some cream cheese frosting to top a few.

I boxed four of the cupcakes to give to Cat in case she wants to take them home, and I'll display the rest on a tray in her cube, assuming she wants to share ;) And, thanks to Brad's mom, I had lots of chocolate and other Easter candy on hand, which made decorating these cupcakes fun and easy!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I so want to lick that peanut butter frosting!!!!!!! I must make this. This weekend I made cupcakes with Marshmallow fluff frosting--I think it would be great to use a little bit of both on a chocolate cupcake. Fluffernutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FLUFFERNUTTER!! HAHA AH HAHAAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete