Wednesday, April 21, 2010

first dollar

I will be needing one of those special frames.. the kind that people use to frame their first dollar.. why? you might ask..

Because I have been commissioned to make a cake! I'm getting paid! WTF!

It all happened because of those peanut butter and cream cheese chocolate cupcakes I made for my coworker's birthday. She took some home to her mom, her mom raved to all of her friends, and now one of the mom's friends wants a 40th anniversary wedding style cake for Saturday. We talked over the phone and decided it will be a two tiered 8"/6" white cake with vanilla buttercream. The bottom tier will be custard and raspberry filled, and the top tier will be lemon curd filled. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better first cake to make! She's got taste!

So, more on this later, with pictures, etc.. I'm just too excited and had to share.


p.s. I don't even know what I'm charging and don't even care, ha!

2 comments:

  1. This is just so awesome! You've come so far since that first wedding cake with the duck and monkey! I'm glad you don't have to deal with fondant for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so can't wait to see how it turns out (and how much you're paid)! I know I'll be coming to you for advice when I make my mom's wedding cake. Your posts are so funny and honest. Love it!

    ReplyDelete