Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chocolate Challenge

Quick blog to mention that my Iron Cupcake idea was tested over this weekend and failed. The challenge ingredient this month is chocolate. It's such a common flavor that it makes this month extra challenging.. how to stand out!? Well, I have a pretty good idea. I don't want to give it away just yet, but I will say that my special ingredient should not be added until the end of the buttercream process, and I should avoid using whipped cream although I don't know how that is possible because it is an important aspect of my theme. I have to make my cupcakes the night before the contest, bring them to work, then drive them up to the city to make it there by 6pm. Whipped cream just won't survive that process. Any suggestions? I was thinking of using gelatin, which I've used before in a fruit and cream layer cake. It holds up pretty well and still kind of tastes like whipped cream.
The competition is 1.5 weeks away!! Ha ha! What's wrong with me!!
p.s. My mom and her bf tried the cupcakes and they both LOVED them. So that's good.. but they also eat anything and call hostess "zingers" (or whatever) their favorite.. so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment