Saturday, February 20, 2010

7up Meyer Lemon Pound Cake

I have a meyer lemon tree in the backyard and it must have had hundreds of meyer lemons on it this season. I gave the majority of them away, and only used a few here and there for random baking projects. I thought it was about time to do them some justice, so I found a 7up pound cake recipe that looked simple enough and decided to nix the lime it called for and replace it with meyer lemons.
I don't have much to say about the cake.. the process was a cinch and it came out perfect. The only thing is, it's not super tasty. I've had a lot of pound cake in my time, and the one thing I can count on is it being dense and buttery-greasy. This cake, however, was just dense. Each bite required a healthy sip of water afterward. And the lemon flavor was lacking. Not sure why, because I used so many!
I guess this is what I get for being lazy; what I really want to do with my meyer lemons is make Martha's Meyer Lemon Cupcakes. I'll have to do that soon, because my tree is almost bare!

7up Meyer Lemon Pound Cake, complete with Meyer Lemon Glaze

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it doesn't taste too good because it sure is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willa, it tastes good but not ah-mazing, which is what I have come to expect! I wish I could share!!! Thanks for being my faithful reader :)

    ReplyDelete