Monday, June 21, 2010

Deema's Birfdaiz

Wow! I am so behind on my blogging. I bake so much I just don't have time to catch up here! Divide and conquer...

Last week was my coworker Deema's birthday. She's getting married later this year and like many brides, imagines she is suddenly going to pack it on. Hello.. it's called marriage, not pregnancy! So that left me with only one option for her birthday treat: mini cupcakes. She likes my light fruity cakes and buttercreams, so I knew it would be a berry occasion. But I just don't like making mini white cupcakes because it's a dry fest disaster unless you can make and serve the day of (and I'm done waking up at 5am to bake for the time being). But Deema is not only wonderful, she is also is so selfless, she let me use her birthday practice for the upcoming iron cupcake, for which I plan to make chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream and raspberry filling. It happens to be my specialty cake but I haven't had the opportunity to make it in mini form yet.

Everything went really well. I have a secret weapon for the filling which I will not publicly announce because I'm a narcissist and imagine some of my competition is watching me. ;) But chances are if you know me, you already know my plan. You also know that the raspberry filling I make is the bomb explosive! I will be making extras so please do let me know if you would like one on or before June 28.

Back to the birthday. I had a lot of frosting left over from the bridal shower order, so I was able to top my cupcakes with cream cheese and peanut butter as well. I also had some raspberry secret sauce left over and added it to some cream cheese.. yyyuuuuum! I put those frostings atop some regular cupcakes for the more daring coworkers I have. I happen to know one person went back for seconds and nearly thirds- if there had been any left. People really love the peanut butter frosting. It's almost scary. Email me if you would like a recipe :)

Thanks, friends, for reading!!

Cream Cheese & Peanut Butter w/ Decorations:


Raspberry/Choco (prelim decor, will change)


2 comments:

  1. DON'T change the decor. The Raspberry mini are gorgeous! They're kind of kitschy and I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! they make me think of those plates and cups you find at the goodwill with all the strawberries on them.. like somebody's grandma died and they donated all her strawberry tchotchkes..

    ReplyDelete