Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Babies Shower.. again!

Edith and Joe are having triplets. It makes sense for them to have multiple showers.. three babies, 3x the fun! This time around, I attended as a guest. When I got the invite, I asked if I could contribute anything and the hostess said, "sure! what can you bring?" And of course.. I said, "CAKE!" and of course, she said, "we have two cakes already! feel free to bring more though!" HA!!! So I settled on mini cupcakes, which everyone loves, especially kids, and there would be plenty of those little creatures at the shower ;)
Edith likes chocolate, and Joe likes vanilla. Easy! I made 24 of each variety in mini cupcake form. I wanted to decorate all baby-style but it just didn't happen for me due to time restrictions, so I went with sprinkles and m&ms. They came out pretty cute! And as suspected, the kids gobbled them up. I saw one in particular go back 3 times and run outside with them.
view of the chocolate:
view of the vanilla:
I had some left over cupcakes which I frosted up using the frosting I had just made and some others I had still fresh in the fridge. What to do with them? I had a few options:

-Eat them (yes, no, yes, no! help!)
-Save them for Brad (who loves eating them and then getting mad at me after the fact)
-Give them to friends (didn't want to leave anyone out)
-Bring them to work (see description for brad)
-Give them to my one dear referrer
-Give them to Brad's dad for father's day

I went with the last two options. The lady who has referred me all the business I've gotten this year deserved a thank you. So I packed up 11 extra in a cute box and brought them to her daughter to give to her. She was ecstatic. <3
I packed up the remaining and brought them to Brad's dad on my way to the shower. He loved them. I knew I made the right choices :)

some the "leftovers" I brought to lady and brad's dad:

1 comment:

  1. Adorable as usual, particularly the ones with gumdrops. The kitkat ones crack me up though! Did you have a single spare kitkat lying around? Haha!

    ReplyDelete