Monday, December 20, 2010

Non-flat Christmas Cookies!!

It's the holiday season! Which means more baking than "normal." And I love it!

I had a few friends to visit this past weekend and I was excited to give them all a little bit of home baked goodness as holiday gifts. I decided on cookies because they are easy to transport and share.. and.. I like cookies. Especially the ones I chose to bake: raspberry thumbprint cookies and chocolate chip.

I made raspberry thumbprint cookies last Christmas for coworkers and the came out more like raspberry frisbees. One coworker even asked, as serious as can be, if they were pancakes. She had never seen such a flat cookie and didn't know what to make of it. Needless to say, this year I did some more research. The first thing I learned was to refrigerate the dough after the cookies are shaped, thumbprinted, and filled with jam. The second thing I learned was thumbs should be avoided.. actually, a chapstick cap used in place of a thumb to make the necessary indents was the recommendation that seemed to be most popular. These two news flashes helped me make some of the most perfect looking razzthumb cookies I have ever encountered:

check out these molds!!
yes, we do look fab!


As I mentioned, I also made some chocolate chip cookies. A while back, I had that flat cookie dilemma. I realized shortly after my whole ramblog (rambling blog) that my problem was the butter. I have my little tricks and forgot this one, whoops. But all is well now that I remember. I would tell you, but I'd have to $collect$, you understand. And hurrah! Not so flat this time around!



Okay they look pretty flat in the photo, but trust me, there were nothing like the pankcakes and crispy discs I served up over the past year. I need to start writing this stuff down! Oh wait.. tee hee, I am!

Tomorrow, get ready for the big win blog!!!

2 comments:

  1. The chocolate chips got devoured in a day and my brother gave the razzies his thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look so professional!!!

    ReplyDelete