Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nutella Cupcakes

Heading downtown tonight to enjoy Movies on the Square with JoAnna. Tonight's movie? Ghost! I couldn't think of a better way to get my ceramic sensuality on than with one of my homemade Nutella cupcakse and some Mexican hot chocolate, courtesy of JoAnna.
Okay so it's actually the first time I've made these little bites of European heaven.. and I made it up as I went along. I added some Nutella to my chocolate cake recipe along with the hot cocoa mixture. The cupcakes came out tasting like regular chocolate, but with a hint of a bit more decadence. I made the frosting by following my favorite peanut butter frosting recipe but replaced the peanut butter with some Nutella and cut some of the sugar. It came out amazing!
I'm looking forward to a very chocolatey night!


2 comments:

  1. Umm...you know, hazelnut is an excellent form of protein for pregnant ladies. I suggest your next batch of nutella cupcakes be made in honor of the Salvateenies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing!!! What a great idea to substitute nutella for peanut butter. I hope they don't "give you a little gas" as Oda May would say. ;)

    ReplyDelete